So, I decided to make my first blog post a 'getting to know you' (or perhaps more accurately: 'getting to know me') to help you find out a little more about the person behind the Perfectly Petite Treats brand. To keep it short and sweet I thought I'd tell you 5 things you might not know about me (some baking related, some not).
1. Before starting up PPT I was a full-time primary school teacher. At the end of 2013 I finally decided to listen to all the people who told me I should sell my lovely cupcakes and transitioned to casual teaching and part-time baking. I am also a Phoenix Trader and do tutoring, I wear many different hats :-)
2. I can't resist buying pretty cupcake cases. Every time I enter a cake decorating shop I always, without fail, purchase at least one pack of cupcake cases. This is quite concerning for my husband who wonders where I manage to store them all (the picture to the right shows only the petite size cases, I have about half as many again in the large size). I LOVE being able to go to my shelves and pick just the right cupcake case to match a special occasion. And if I don't have one to suit? Well, that's the perfect excuse to buy even more! ;-)
3. I am an avid reader and will sometimes finish a good book in a weekend (obviously I don't have kids, or I doubt that would be possible). My reading tastes vary from young adult fiction such as 'The Hunger Games' series, right through to romance such as those by Jodi Picoult, and thrillers such as 'Gone Girl'.
4. I have a very large cookbook collection, but I usually tweak sweets recipes to suit my tastes. Some recipes don't even partly resemble the original by the time I'm finished. (Meals on the other hand I follow the steps and ingredients to the letter. I'm weird that way...)
5. My personal favourite cupcake flavour is Pink Champagne, mostly due to the lovely pink colour and decorating potential, and partly because I get to drink the leftover champagne :-) In terms of other treats, my favourites vary each day. Some days I prefer the light Orange and Macadamia Slice, others I need the chocolatey richness of a Chocolate Cake Pop. It all depends on my mood.
Thanks for reading my first blog post. If there's something you'd like featured on my brand new blog, please leave a comment below.
Perfectly Petite Treats is owned and run by Krystal Conlan, a 33 year old home-baker. All products are freshly baked from scratch in her home-based council-approved kitchen in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria.