In the two and a half years since I wrote my very first article, a fair bit has changed. So here's an update on me.
1. I still wear many different hats (metaphorically speaking), but now I am a part-time baker, part-time primary teacher and full-time mummy of one gorgeous but cheeky daughter. There never seems to be enough hours in the day, which often means I'm emailing quotes at 6am or planning lessons at midnight. My daughter is generally a good sleeper, so anything that can wait until she's asleep gets done then. I love all my roles as they challenge me in different ways, constantly teaching me new things, and allowing me to express myself in different ways.
2. My addiction to pretty cupcake cases has now reached epic proportions, my cupboards are literally overflowing! So hubby has banned me from buying more cases until I make more room in the cupboards; a few large orders and I should have it under control again though. 😉 A more recent addiction is my obsession with all things sprinkles! Non-pareils, edible glitters and sugar pearls also fit into that category. I have just discovered a new supplier, so I am ridiculously excited about trying out some new sprinkle mixes!!
3. I am not reading anywhere near as much as I was when I wrote the first article, my little miss sees to that! Now when I do read, it is mostly picture story books for my daughter. Or when I find time to read for myself, it is either articles on new products/techniques for baking, or teaching related books/websites. I'm trying to make sure to schedule time in for reading for pleasure each week, but so far it hasn't been very successful. If you're a Work At Home Mum and have some tips for squeezing in reading time, I'd love to know!
4. My cookbook collection has continued to grow. Although I don't think I've personally bought a new cookbook in a few years, they're usually gifts (very welcomed gifts at that! 😉) I still love to adapt sweets recipes, tweaking and substituting until I'm completely happy with the recipe; new sweets flavours don't make it to my repertoire until I have made them several times and I'm totally satisfied with the result.
5. My personal favourite cupcake at the moment is Cookies'n'Cream. Just a hint of chocolatey biscuit with the beautifully light cupcake and creamy frosting, YUM! As for other treats, I LOVE a good chocolate and peanut butter combo, so my Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice is a firm favourite at the moment. But then there's the Red Velvet Cake Pops which have the yummy-ness of a Red Velvet cupcake in a perfect mouthful with the bonus of a chocolate coating! Or my Smiley Face Cookies, which I rarely get to make these days, but have two buttery cookies with a layer of perfectly smooth raspberry jam between them. Oh, and my Choc-Covered Oreos... I could go on forever, hahaha, but as I said above, I don't sell treats I'm not totally satisfied with, so really you can't go wrong with anything from my list! 😉
If you'd like to know anything else about me, leave a comment below!
Until next time!
Perfectly Petite Treats is owned and run by Krystal Conlan, a 33 year old home-baker. All products are freshly baked from scratch in her home-based council-approved kitchen in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria.